Subject: RiscBSD installation - comments
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Vincent Lefevre <vlefevre@ens-lyon.fr>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/11/1996 03:14:10
> How can I mount it (step 27)?

OK, I've found how to mount it (I had to replace scd0 with cd0a -- though
I'm not sure that this is correct). But "Show distribution sets" does not
work.

During the installation of the base set, I got the following error:
MAKEDEV.local: Can't open MAKEDEV.local
Is this normal?

During the configuration (between step 37 and step 38), I got the error:
mknod: quadmouse: File exists

I added a user with rcm. Here I had a problem when choosing the shell:
I typed tcsh instead of /usr/local/bin/tcsh. IMHO the configuration
program should check these kinds of errors and/or number the shells
so that one just need to type the number.

I'll try X + fvwm later. Any advice about the configuration?

--
Vincent Lefevre, vlefevre@ens-lyon.fr | Acorn Risc PC, StrongARM @ 202MHz
http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~vlefevre      | 20+1MB RAM, Eagle M2, TV + Teletext