Subject: Re: Problem :(
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Malpass <richard@kingsdev.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/10/1996 16:04:52
In message <6558d22a47@yoda.in-berlin.de> you wrote:

> In message <Pine.GSO.3.93.961109213148.7332B-100000@stingray.ivision.co.uk>,
>        Manar Hussain wrote:
>
> > Forwarded on behalf of richard
> > (Richard Malpass <richard@kingsdev.demon.co.uk>)
> >
> > ---
> >
> > The problem is that when I boot, I get the message
> >
> > etc/rc: cant open /etc/rc
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Using UnixFS I can see /etc/rc is there..so I dont really understand what the
> > problem is, and I cannot seem to get it to boot.
>
> Maybe your file permissions on /etc/rc are wrong. Here's how it looks on
> my machine:
>
> 12 -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  5717 Dec  1  1995 /etc/rc
>

> > Yours sincerely,
> >          Richard Roberts-Malpass
>
> Regards,
>    Stefan

Thanks for your help, but please could you tell me how to get RiscBSD to boot first?
The problem is that it just goes round and round in circles, and wont let me login/use
any shells. I have tried all of the options in the !BtRiscBSD application with no success.
If there is any way to get it to boot or change the permissions using UnixFS please could
you let me know.

Thanks again,
   Richard

--