Subject: Re[2]: CD Roms
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@chadwyck.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/08/1996 09:20:53
     Since I haven't heard about any CD Roms of the 1.2 release I
     downloaded most of 1.2 release from ftp.southern.com and transfered
     via floppy.

     After problems of a read only filesystem (in single user mode!) I
     re-installed the base and several other sets over my 1.1 setup. Will
     there be any problems with this - or should I have zapped my entire
     installation before hand?

     (Well done to the guy who is running the mirror at ftp.southern.com,
     it is many times faster than the .ac.uk site for me).

     I think it might be time to buy a 2Gb hard drive :-)

     (Oh, and it is working with a StrongARM kernel)

     Thanks Mark,

     Alex MC