Subject: Re: Mirrors
To: pssc1 <pssc1@ukc.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/07/1996 11:11:56
>     I am a student at UKC (universty of kent at canterbury), and the unix
>hensa archives are based here with a mirror site of NetBsd.  But theres no
>sign of the arm port, they have the amiga and atari but no arm port :-( .
>Why???

You mean there is no sign of a binary distribution for the arm port.
The standard NetBSD source tree does support the arm.

The main reason why a binary distribution is not on ftp.netbsd.org (and thus
the mirrors) is that the RiscBSD distribution contains a lot more than just the
NetBSD binaries. It contains loads of extra packages etc.

NetBSD/arm32 snapshots could be made available on netbsd mirrors etc. but every
one using RiscBSD uses a complete RiscBSD distrib that is available from other
sites.

Ok eventually I may sort seeing if the whole RiscBSD distrib could move to
netbsd.org but currently this is not top of my to-do list.

Also my feeling would be that moving the distrib to netbsd.org the whole
distrib should be named NetBSD/arm32 as it perhaps starts confusing things to
have something called RiscBSD there as well. However RiscBSD is now very well
know as a distribution of NetBSD and I would not want to change that.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk