Subject: Re: Postgres95
To: Stefan Schlesinger <stscl@cscip.uni-sb.de>
From: Olly Betts <olly@mantis.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/07/1996 09:37:36
At 01:34 PM 11/6/96 +0100, Stefan Schlesinger wrote:
>As described in the docs, I used gmake to make the MAKEFILE.global.
>Compiling it with
>
>       PORTNAME=BSD44_derived
>
>which should be for 'OSs derived from 4.4-lite BSD (NetBSD, FreeBSD)',

Looking at the code below, I think that means "x86 versions of OSs ...".

>      __asm__("xchgb %0,%1":"=q" (res),"=m" (*m):"0" (0x1));

Have another look through the targets list, and see if there's anything
else which looks suitable.

Failing that (and assuming there aren't many assembler bits), you could
alter the ifdefs around the assembler bits to use a C version of the code
(assuming there is one -- that may be some form of semaphore instruction)
or write an ARM assembler snippet to replace each x86 assembler snippet.

HTH,
Olly