Subject: Re: PPP Problems anyone?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/06/1996 09:17:49
On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Mike Pumford wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Markus Baeurle wrote:
>
> > In message <9610302220.ZM5567@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
> >           "Mark Brinicombe" <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >   Ok someone needs to look into this. I have not got round to setting up
> > > another machine as a PPP server for testing purposed. Have a word with Scott
> > > <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk> as he had a brief look at PPP at one point I think.
> >
> > I haven't looked up what the problem to get it working was, but maybe it's got
> > something to do with PR#2554, its title is "pppd server mode from command line
> > is broken".
> > Other pppd related PRs are 2574, 2705 and 2728.
> > They can be looked up on NetBSD's WWW-server.
>
> The current problem with PPP is RiscBSD specific.
> It seems to be that the kernel configuration information about PPP
> interfaces is not being included in irqhandler.c which is an arm32
> specific file. In the 1.1 kernel sources this file included ppp.h, in the
> 1.2 sources it does not. A simple fix is to build your own kernel with a
> modifed irqhandler.c which includes ppp.h and probably sl.h as well.

Actually the modification in irqhandler.c is in the function dosoftints()
the line #ifdef PPP needs to be modified to read #if NPPP > 0. That'll
teach me to propose a bug fix for code before trying it out.

With this modification I can now make PPP connections.

The question is should the PPP macro be defined and if so where should it
be defined?

Mike