Subject: Upgrade disk failures
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/06/1996 00:15:04
Hello!

I have looked at the upgrade disk problem of wrong options being given to
disklabel.
>From the source of disklabel I found out that the -B option is only compiled in
for some architectures and is needed to install a boot program, ie. something
like a bootmanager in the MBR of IBM-compatibles.
It is obvious that this is not appropriate for RiscOS machines, ie. disklabel
is OK.
The upgrade script shouldn't use this option though.

I could verify this if the upgrade disk was still readable after I have written
the corrected script to it. :-|

I have still no idea about the "panic: locking against myself" though.

Btw: The 1.2-release base set still has a version of 1.2A in its set file. :-|
Can this please be corrected.

MB