Subject: Success of RiscBSD at Acorn World 96
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/05/1996 18:22:11
Hi,
   After a 'most excellent' 3 days at Acorn World 96 I would just like to
thank everyone involved.

Last year was exciting as it was the first oppertunity to show RiscBSD to a
wide audience. This year was even better. As well introducing a lot of people
to the existance and potential of RiscBSD, it was also very encouraging to talk
to a lot of the users, to find out what applications RiscBSD is being used for
and to be able to faces to names from the mailing list. It was also very
interesting to here some of the ideas that people were suggesting for possible
real-world applications of RiscBSD.

This gives us a lot of incentives and encouragement to furthering the
development of RiscBSD and I expect the next year to prove exciting for both
the kernel team and the users.

In the next day or we will be posting a AW96 FAQ convering the most popular
questions that we were asked as I am sure that all those who did not make it to
the show would be interested in the answers.

This message would not be complete without a special thank you to ART and to
Pete Bondar, Chris Cox, Ray Pinchard and Dave Walker in particular for their
support of RiscBSD and for providing stand space for us.

Once again thanks to everyone for making the show such a great time.

See you all next year ;-)

Many thanks guys,

				Mark

--