Subject: RE: Set description file
To: riscbsd <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hunter, James M YORK,IT <James.Hunter@nestlegb.nestle.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/05/1996 08:58:00
Ciao, Peter wrote:

>here are some suggestions for new tags for the set files:

[snip tags]

>These informations might be usefull for e.g. a X-based installation program.

>Does anyone still develop one?
>It could be implemented in tcl/tk or in C with SUIT as toolkit.

I think that we should have a nice menu based installer where you have sets
in groups so you can say select X apps group and then choose which programs
you want, deselect any you don't want anymore and the installer then goes off
and does it's stuff.

The installer that comes with some versions of linux does this sort of thing.

James
PS Remember not everyone will want to install X so there should always be the
option to install from the shell.