Subject: Re: HTML3.2 browser for RiscPC?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/05/1996 00:15:03
Hi Jasper!

In message <Pine.GSO.3.93.961031125852.9090B-100000@stingray.ivision.co.uk>
          Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk> wrote:

> IMHO the unix community as a whole needs a compact, fast, non-motif, open,
> free, source-included, feature-free, web browser.

Well, there's amaya from the W3-Consortium now. I haven't seen it yet, but the
review in the german Unix magazine iX looks quite promising.
If Motif is not needed, I will try to get this compiled under RiscBSD ASAP.

As I mentioned before, Mosaic also wants to be a good freeware browser, but
this will still take quite a while until the rewrite will be usable.
Hardly any free effort will be able to keep up with the multi-million efforts
made by Netscape and Microsoft now.
But I'm sure there are others like me who don't want their products anyway
because they don't provide what users like me want - not gigantomanism,
featurism and all-in-one programs where most things never get used, but
usability and efficiency.

Now for something completely different,

Markus