Subject: Re: Re: HTML3.2 browser for RiscPC ?
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/02/1996 11:35:48
> Hello Peter!
>
> In message <199610302141.WAA00410@line9.slipneu.tu-freiberg.de>
>           Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de> wrote:
>
> > does anyone know a webbrowser for RiscBSD or RiscOS which can display tables
> > and backgroundimages correct ?
>
> There is Mosaic 2.8 alpha now, a complete rewrite. This is supposed to conform
> to HTML 3.2 but is very alpha, ie. there are no features other than rendering
> of HTML, no ftp, no bookmarks, saving of pages, nothing...

This isn't very good, but if it can display full HTML 3.2 (and background
pics) I think I can live with it ATMO.

> > I read somewhere mosaic 2.7b5 should be able to do this but I never saw the
> > source on any ftp side nor I have motif to compile it.
>
> Hmm, I doubt this. Did you check the Mosaic homepages?

Yes I did. I too saw nothing about this on these pages but I remember I read
something like that somewhere, but forgot where.
Anyway, mosaic v2.x for windows does all of them, I don't understand why there
shouldn't be a similar version for UNIX ?!

> > Arena is no solution, it can't do this and is terrible slow because heavy fp
> > use.
>
> Mosaic 2.8 is even more spartanic.

More spartanic then arena ? This must be a joke ;)

> Anyway, would anybody with a Motif license like to compile these?
> I can supply the source or point to a ftp site which has them.
> -Mosaic, latest "normal" version ie 2.7b5 or so
> -LLNL-xftp, a nice X-based ftp client
> -GIMP, image processing program

I see we both have the same source laying around on our harddrive, but no
motif to make a running binary from it ;(
I tried it with lesstif, but it seems they have optimized everything to
rubbish again with the current tree.
A earlier version looked nearly perfect, but without interaction. Now you get
only sh.. if you use it :(

Ciao, Peter

|  __ \(_)        |  _ \ / ____|  __ \   The UNIX for RiscPC 6x0/7x0

E-Mail: Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de