Subject: Re: HTML3.2 browser for RiscPC ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/01/1996 00:59:42
Hello Peter!

In message <199610302141.WAA00410@line9.slipneu.tu-freiberg.de>
          Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de> wrote:

> does anyone know a webbrowser for RiscBSD or RiscOS which can display tables
> and backgroundimages correct ?

There is Mosaic 2.8 alpha now, a complete rewrite. This is supposed to conform
to HTML 3.2 but is very alpha, ie. there are no features other than rendering
of HTML, no ftp, no bookmarks, saving of pages, nothing...

> I read somewhere mosaic 2.7b5 should be able to do this but I never saw the
> source on any ftp side nor I have motif to compile it.

Hmm, I doubt this. Did you check the Mosaic homepages?

> Arena is no solution, it can't do this and is terrible slow because heavy fp
> use.

Mosaic 2.8 is even more spartanic.

Anyway, would anybody with a Motif license like to compile these?
I can supply the source or point to a ftp site which has them.
-Mosaic, latest "normal" version ie 2.7b5 or so
-LLNL-xftp, a nice X-based ftp client
-GIMP, image processing program

Markus Baeurle