Subject: Re: 'missing' X resources
To: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: David Croft <david@infotrek.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1996 16:59:42
On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Robert Black wrote:

> On Oct 30,  3:09pm, Duncan Ferguson wrote:

> > /usr/X11 ...to... /usr/X11R6.1
> [snip]
> These links should not be there and indeed they can break things.

I have had to put this one in as some software (I think it may have been
xfm) was looking for it. So I now have /usr/X11/ and /usr/X11R6/ both
symbolically linked to /usr/X11R6.1/. Is this okay?

> no screen drawing at all going on). Note that switching console with a
> clock running can have unpredictable results.

I must say that I haven't had any problems whatsoever with X, and it is
all running very stably with fvwm, xfm, nedit, mosaic, xlock, xclock, etc.
My only niggle is the "Switched to console..." messages which have
appeared in recent X servers; as I run it in the background the messages
are quite annoying.

Oh - one question. Can I get that blue/green startup screen back? It was nice.

See you at AW on Saturday. I shall come and harrass the kernel team ;-)

--
David Croft