Subject: Re: Ether1
To: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Matt <matthew@xania.uk.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1996 12:18:09
On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> Does the podulebus probe say anything about the podule

Nope - the kernel reports absolutely nothing at all it says something
like:
podulebus0 at root

..and then goes on the rest of the bootup without so much of a mention of
a podule.  However if I complile my own kernel I get  an 'Eek!  Unknown
podule interrupt detected - disabling all podule ints' so I know the
podule is there...

> >Not only this - but RiscBSD doesn't recognise I have a
> >podule plugged in at all!
>
> does this mean that you get
>
> podulebus0 (root0): ...
>
> and dont get a line for the ether1 card
>
> podule? at podulebus0 : ...

Yup

> If you don't even get this line then the test to see if the podule is present
> (checking bit 1 of byte 0 of the podule space) is failing. This raises
> questions of conformance to the podule bus expansion card specification....

Under RISC OS I couldn't get anything other than a bunch of zeros out of
the podule space - I'll check again when I get the time - in fact ISTR we
have a spare Ether1 podule so I'll bring it to the show! (Mark or whoever
can borrow it for the duration)

--

Matt