Subject: Re: Testing and debugging
To: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Amit Gupta <93akg@eng.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1996 09:20:31
On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> Is anyone prepared to act as a beta tester for A7000 kernels ?
>
> I had a A7000 on loan from ART to get it running but that machine went back
> after a month. This means I have no way of testing A7000 dependant changes
> For example the pms mouse driver needs testing in the latest kernel as it now
> has the relative / absolution ioctl control that the latest X servers require.
>
> Also I will need to get the CDROM release of RiscBSD tested on an A7000
> installation.

Yes, definitely - but unfortunately I don't have a machine yet. I will by
the end of December - I know I said October last time but my finances have
taken a dive since then.

One possibility would be to liberate an A7000 at Acorn World and try it
then. Maybe ART could loan one for the duration of the show ? I'll
certainly do some installing and beta testing if a machine can be found -
I'll be at the show all of Saturday. I have a strong vested interest in
seeing RiscBSD on an A7000, though I appreciate that I'm probably the only
one in the world :-)

amit