Subject: Re: Getting kernel sources with sup & bug
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1996 00:59:13
Hi,

one suggestion and a question:

In message <9610231341.ZM19496@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          "Mark Brinicombe" <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Alternative create a file (e.g. ./supfile) containing
>
> current release=ksrc-common host=sup.NetBSD.ORG hostbase=/a/anon_ftp
> base=/usr/sup/current prefix=/usr/sup/current backup use-rel-suffix delete

sup.netbsd.org is awfully slow, at least for me.
Make sure you try its mirrors. I use wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de, maybe this is
also OK for UK users.

> get trashes with the value 0x00400000. All recent kernels that I have built
> have a extra bit of code that catches this and attempts to fix the problem (It
> will report a patched message if it does). Without the fix any inodes that are
> trashes will be removed by fsck.

This isn't in the supable source as ffs_update is in the MI part
(/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_inode.c), right?
Mark, could you please make the relevant patch available? This would be very
important for me as I'm using self-compiled kernels almost exclusively.

Cheers, Markus