Subject: ncftp (was: Re: curses, etc)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1996 01:05:25
Hi root! ;-)

In message <199610240118.CAA03375@langly.x.oaktree.co.uk>
          root <root@langly.x.oaktree.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile ncftp and it doesn't enjoy it very much.
>
> In the hope of being able to fix it without it testing whether it
> can resolve (without me being dialled into my internet provider) I
> have become a little curious as the alternative libraries to ncurses
> and nsl. Both it checks for and both I don't have.

It did compile for me without ncurses, but didn't allow to use bookmarks, so I
fetched ncurses and compiled them, too and rebuilt ncftp.
It works fine except for some history fetching (ie. cursor keys ) or screen
update problems. The cursor keys are fine with vt220 though. Haven't checked in
an xterm yet.
I think I will make it available as a set anyway, so don't waste any more time
with it unless you don't want to wait another week or so.

Markus