Subject: Ether1
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt <matthew@xania.uk.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/30/1996 10:22:19
Hi all,

Having played for several hours with the kernel source (not the most
recent one, but one about 3 weeks old) I cannot get RiscBSD to recognise
my Ether1 podule.  Not only this - but RiscBSD doesn't recognise I have a
podule plugged in at all!

Consulting the PRMs I cannot manualy track down the problem from the Risc
OS side - as I can't even find it myself so I have no idea how
PoduleManager finds it.  Mayhaps once it has RO has booted it maps the
podule somewhere else...>fx of straw clutching<.  I did notice (while
disassembling PoduleManager) that the Ether1 recognition seems hardcoded
into it - but then AFAICT Ether1 is a 'simple podule' (type 12 ISTR) so I
can't see why RiscBSD isn't picking it up.

This is really annoying me as everyone else in my house has linux (on PC)
up and running and keeps making jeering comments about the inherent
unusability of the Risc PC.  I realise I should have actually bought a
proper Ethernet card rather than 'borrow' one from Uni but hey!

Thanks for your time,

Matthew Godbolt