Subject: Re: Uuencoded disc dump of sec. 0-11
To: None <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/28/1996 17:52:16
> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:26:51 GMT
> From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
>
> Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen writes:
>  >
>  > I have just resectioned my HP drive and thereby removed all RiscBSD
>  > stuff. I now have the following layout:
>  > - 511 MB RiscOs:
>  > - 511 MB RiscOs:
>  > - 100 MB RiscOs:
>  > - 411 MB Empty:
>  > - 511 MB Empty:
>  > -  25 MB Empty:
>  >
>  > I have not installed RiscBSD yet.
>  >
>  > When I run unixfs_mount 409a8 (drive 6) I get the following error:
>  > Unknown partition type
>  > Bombing out...
>  > 10
>  > Unknown partition type
>
> Well at least it's not complaining about SWIs anymore.

I forgot to mention that this is the unixfs that is in the 1.2-release
bootloader sparchive.

This works fine where the 1.2-beta unixfs fails.

I just tried both of them on a different SCSI disc, and the release
one works, and the beta fails with the same old error message:
SWI value out of range for module FileCore

In other words: unixfs now works with the Power-tec SCSI-2 card.

For those of you who also have a Power-tec, here is the Power-tec
firmware I am using:
SCSIDriver 	1.29 (08 Aug 1996)
SCSIResources	0.05 (31 Jul 1996)
SCSIFS		1.28 (08 Aug 1996)
SCSIFiler	1.18 (08 Aug 1996)
DosMount	0.01 (10 Jul 1996)
CDFSResources	2.21 (02 Feb 1994)
CDFSFiler	2.20 (23 Sep 1993)
CDFS		2.21 (02 Feb 1994)
CDFSDriver	2.20 (23 Sep 1993)
CDFSSoftPower	1.25
DMAManager	0.11 (03 Mar 1995)
!PowerMgr	1.49 (09-Aug-96)

The SWI base for Power-tec SCSI-2 is &40980.

The release version of unixfs also works on IDE drives for me.

Thank you for fixing this problem.

BTW: !PowerMgr uses type &02 for the Empty: partitions, at least that
     is what it looks like. I take it that you can confirm this by
     looking at the dump I sent you.

Kjetil B.