Subject: Re: State of Powertec support ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/26/1996 20:14:30
> From: y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de (Thomas Boroske)
> Date: Sam, 26 Okt 1996 17:04:09 +0200
>
> In message <9610261211.AA29590@netsu002.oslo.Geco-Prakla.slb.com> you wrote:
>
>>> - What about speed / reliability ?
>>
>> The speed is around 110 KB/s, and the driver seems to be totally
>                       ^^^^^^^^
> Will this give a usable system at all ?

Yes, for me it is ok, but if you have little memory and need to do
a lot of swapping it may be a different case.

Also, I forgot to say that this is on a 610. A 710 will probably
be faster.

Another problem with the Power-tec SCSI-2 is that unixfs does not
work with this card. Scott is working on solving this problem, but
he does not (yet) have a Power-tec SCSI-2.

The best short-time solution for disc when it comes to RiscBSD
is IDE on the internal interface.

Kjetil B.