Subject: curses, etc
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: root <root@langly.x.oaktree.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/1996 02:18:02
I'm trying to compile ncftp and it doesn't enjoy it very much.

In the hope of being able to fix it without it testing whether it
can resolve (without me being dialled into my internet provider) I
have become a little curious as the alternative libraries to ncurses
and nsl. Both it checks for and both I don't have.

I have tried removing nsl from the $LIBS variable and renaming ncurses
to curses which resulted in loads of undefined functions and I wasn't
really surprised. :)

Anyhow, I'm also testing elm and sendmail and everything between me and
the modem (ie. some arrangement of computers on an Ethernet network
with a few Acorns and Linux boxes dotted around :)

BFN, John.