Subject: hard drive recommendation...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Warner <rcw2@ukc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/1996 15:27:02
I'm thinking of installing RiscBSD on my RiscPC700, but it's only got a
425(ish)Mbyte hard drive :( [with 3000k or so free at the moment]

soooo.... I'm gonna buy more storage, but I'm not sure what to buy.  Looking
at the RiscBSD web page, I get the impression that the only supported IDE
interface is the internal one, so does this mean that I'll have to suffer
the (relatively) slow speed of it unless I'm prepared to shell out for SCSI?
(which I'm not - I'd rather have lots of slow storage than a bit of fast,
expandable storage).  If not, which IDE interface would be best, bearing in
mind I've got very little cash to spend?

Any comments, suggestions and particular recommendations of which drives
actually work are welcomed.

cheers,
--
Rob