Subject: Re: Addicted to RiscBSD (some more questions)
To: None <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: David Croft <david@infotrek.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/1996 00:10:35
In message <9610231304.ZM18779@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> "Mark Brinicombe" writes:

> >Setup: ARM710, 3.2Gig IDE Quantum Fireball (600ish Mb for RiscBSD)

> oh, whats the 3.2 Quantum like ? I need a new drive ASAP and was thinking about
> either the 3.2GB Quantum (10.5ms) or the 3GB IBM (9.5ms)

Err. To me, a drive is a drive. In use, and in tests, it's a lot faster than
the standard 850Mb (if that means anything!). I was seriously underquoted
for it, though the guy stuck by his price, so it was a good deal.

> Yep this is actually the fault of the kbd device rather than the console.
> It is a bug related to the timing problems when communicating with the keyboard
> and sending resend commands.

Ah yes, I have noticed a few kbd: errors in xconsole

[compiling Pine]
> Ok yagb (Yet Another Gcc Bug)
>
> This is GCC at fault not pine.

Ok I turned off optimisation in the makefile and everything is fine now.
Pine is grate!

> Can you try preprocessing it
>
> cc -O -g -DDEBUG -DNETBSD -DSYSTYPE=\"NEB\" -DMOUSE -c mailview.c -E
> >mailview.i

Will do, as soon as I can get back at my machine...

Thanks for your answers; my next message will tell what a state I've
got my machine into now... :-(

--
David Croft