Subject: Re: Addicted to RiscBSD (some more questions)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark P Hoyle <markho@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/23/1996 11:35:39
On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, David Croft wrote:

> 2. Compiling Pine. I would assume this is a RiscBSD-specific problem
> as I'm sure others would have noticed it if it wasn't...
>
> I am trying to compile Pine 3.95 for NEB (NetBSD). It compiles
> imapd, mtest, pico and pilot fine, then when it gets to compiling
> pine...
>
> 134 root@hawk# make -f makefile.neb
> cc -O  -g -DDEBUG  -DNETBSD  -DSYSTYPE=\"NEB\" -DMOUSE  -c mailview.c
> mailview.c:In function `format_header_text':
> mailview.c:1387:internal error-unrecognised insn
> (insn 1078 1077 569 (set (reg:SI 3 r3)
>         (smin:SI (reg:SI 3 r3)
>             (const_int 1024))) -1 (nil)
>     (nil))
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> 135 root@hawk#

> Has anybody else tried compiling pine? Do you get this error? Is there
> a fix? Is it something I should report to the pine authors?

I have tried and succeeded in compiling pine. If you turn off the
optimisation it seems to compile fine (at least for me - version 3.95).

mark

 Mark P Hoyle              |
 Mathematics Department    |   "If you want to imagine the future,
 Royal Holloway College    |        imagine a boot stamping
 m.p.hoyle@rhbnc.ac.uk     |        on a human face forever"
 Tel: 01784 443696         |               - George Orwell's 1984