Subject: Re: JAZ Drives & RiscBSD
From: Max Posthuma de Boer <mpdeb@worldonline.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1996 19:27:30
On Tue 22 Oct, Markus Baeurle wrote:

> >     mount -t msdos /dev/sd1c /mnt
> >     mount -t msdos /dev/sd1a /mnt
>
> I was told that sd1c must be used.
> I have the same problem with a PD drive. The medium is perfectly readable
> on a DOS box, but I get a "sd1: no disklabel" under RiscBSD. RiscOS also
> can't cope with it, though.
> This drive also doesn't give a geometry, but it can be used under RiscBSD
> for a native partition. The same should apply to the JAZ.

Exactly the same happenend with my Zipdrive. When I tried to mount a MSDOS
disc, it complained with "no disklabel". However when I did a NEWFS I could
write data to the disk and read it back from the disk.
I'm using a Cumana scsi II card and the bsd-4634-64MB kernel.

Regards,
Max.
    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/_/    _/      _/    Max Posthuma de Boer,
  _/  _/  _/  _/_/_/_/_/      _/        mpdeb@worldonline.nl
 _/      _/  _/      _/    _/  _/      mpdeb@dialis.xs4all.nl
_/      _/  _/      _/  _/      _/    http://www.worldonline.nl/~mpdeb