Subject: Re: JAZ Drives & RiscBSD
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1996 12:19:12
On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Stephen Jones wrote:

> I'll post an exact copy of the error (left it a home this morning!).
>
> Just to make sure I'm not misusing the mount command, I used the
> following (which is right? I have a 170MB drive as ID0 (sd0?) and the
> JAZ as ID4 (sd1?) ) :-
>
>     mount -t msdos /dev/sd1c /mnt
>     mount -t msdos /dev/sd1a /mnt

I was told that sd1c must be used.
I have the same problem with a PD drive. The medium is perfectly readable
on a DOS box, but I get a "sd1: no disklabel" under RiscBSD. RiscOS also
can't cope with it, though.
This drive also doesn't give a geometry, but it can be used under RiscBSD
for a native partition. The same should apply to the JAZ.

Markus