Subject: JAZ Drives & RiscBSD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Jones <stevej@dcs.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1996 10:23:56
Hi

Has anybody any experience of using an Iomega JAZ drive, or similar
with RiscBSD? I ask because RiscBSD doesn't seem to be able to read
the dimensions (?) of the drive, and hence fails to mount a dos
formatted cartridge. I was going to get another cartridge and shove
RiscBSD on that, but if the drive can't (at the moment) be used, then
there's not much point. If no-one has any ideas what's happening, then
I'll post an exact copy of the error (left it a home this morning!).

Just to make sure I'm not misusing the mount command, I used the
following (which is right? I have a 170MB drive as ID0 (sd0?) and the
JAZ as ID4 (sd1?) ) :-

    mount -t msdos /dev/sd1c /mnt
    mount -t msdos /dev/sd1a /mnt

Thanks for any ideas

Stephen

(BTW I'm using an early 4xxx kernel & an Oak SCSI card)