Subject: Re: Xarm-24 server
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ferguson Duncun <d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1996 10:31:24
Pegasus attribution doesnt work (flippin' thing)

> > /dev/vidcvideo0: Permission denied
>
> Coo, someone suggested how to deal with this program? :) I just guessed
> and got it working. :)
>
> I did a chown juggler /dev/vidcvideo0 (or vidc0) and quadmouse0
> (juggler being the only user who would be using X - me) and it worked
> without errors as juggler. I then created a group called local who
> would be the people with the ability to run startx. I then did
> chown root:local quadmouse0 vidcvideo0 and chmod g=rw vidcvideo0 quadmouse0
> and it works perfect. :)

I did try to guess beforehand about changing ownership and access
rights and it still didnt work afterwards.  I had to ./makedev all
several times to reset everything before i gave up and asked.

Anyhow, i'll go try it again.  At least i know my posts are being
heard on this list now ;o)

Thanks for the help,

  Duncs.