Subject: Trying to mount procfs
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/1996 21:07:38
	Before I tried this I was in X compiling and installing ispell. This
triggered the 'lack of L1 page tables' (First time in ages). I quit fvwm
(and hence X) and remembered that by default kernfs and procfs wern't
mounted. so rather than reading any man pages or anything I tried random
combinations of mount and proc to get one that worked. hence what I typed
below may not be the correct way to mount procfs. It was the correct way to
crash the machine at that time however! (I'm writing this from RiscOS)

quatermass# mount proc /proc
panic: locking against myself
Stopped at    _Debugger +0x10: ldmdb r11,{r11,r13,r15}
db> trace
_Debugger (_Debugger +0x10)
_panic (_panic+0x14)
-ufs_lock (_ufs_lock +0x10)
_lookup (etc...)
_namei
_ffs_mount
_sys_mount
_syscall
db>

I then typed 'c' to see what would happen. the machine tried to reboot and
hung whilst sync'ing.

ctrl-esc ;-(

P.S. I used gdb to debug editss (ship shape editor for xpilot) and it worked
perfectly (and I fised the bugs!) thanks guys!

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?