Subject: Re: Config
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/1996 18:46:07
On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Markus Baeurle wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Ale Terlevich wrote:
>
> > bash# config VOYAGER
> > VOYAGER:5: cannot open arch/arm32/conf/std.arm32 for reading: No such
> > file or directory
> >
> > VOYAGER:9: syntax error
> > VOYAGER:9: cannot proceed without machine specifier
>
> Ho hum. I don't get this with my file. It doesn't have big differences
> with the GENERIC file.

  I get it with  VOYAGER, GENERIC, PHARC and SA110 :(

> > bash# config VOYAGER
> > ../../../conf/files:25: cannot open kgdb/files.kgdb for reading: No such
> > file or directory
>
> I get that too. It seems as there is still something missing for the
> arm32 port. I commented it out for a start.

The thing is that kgdb/files.kgdb (AFAIK) is not an arm32 file! and it's
actually there in /usr/src/sys/kgdb/files.kgdb.

 As is files.arm32, in arch/arm32/config

  It seems that for some reason config isn't taking the filenames as
relative to /usr/src/sys/ as it used to (I think).

  I tried compiling a config from the current sources, and that does
exactly the same thing.

 Maybe all of the sources aren't there yet, although I can't see what's
missing from the configuration files (don't see how missing sources could
cause an error like this)

Ale.