Subject: Hello
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wright <esvwh@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/1996 13:23:38
I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to write about. Hmm.

I have the sources for TUsh1.24 and can not compile because of
undefined constants which both end in GETA although I haven't tried
again and so I've forgotten their names.

I have the sources for ncftp but I can't get that to compile and
forget why.

I've tried to compile elm so that it works but it complains that my
mail file (/var/mail/juggler) is corrupted but it also says the same
for the test files it comes with.

Emacs is too big.

Those are my problems. Has anybody got any of the above compiled and
working already so that I don't have to bother. :)

Oh, and is there a difference between the fvwm in 1.2-beta/sets and
in 1.1-release/sets? I'm using 1.2-beta (kernel and fvwm).

And (I haven't looked yet) has anybody compiled fvwm2 or have it for
RiscBSD?

Another thing, jove or emacs for terminals (rather than for X)?

None of this is important, I'd just like to have them.

Anything I can help with?

Oh, tin seems to have a very wierd redrawing problem whereby it
lists all the newsgroups and puts it footer on and blanks the text
between the footer and the first six groups or so.

Another terminal/display (seeming) problem is that if I telnet
to a talker backspace and delete display the ^H and ^? (respectively)
but which ever one is stty erase 'd will stop displaying the ^thingy.

Oh, I don't understand what I've written.

e.g.

I type 'hello'. If I hold down delete (which is the default stty erase)
I get ^?^?^?^?^?. If I hold down backspace I get a continuous number of
^H until I depress backspace. You understand.

What do ya think?

BFN, John.