Subject: Dynamic linking
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt <matthew@xania.uk.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/1996 10:09:40
Hi all,

Just a quick note to ask what the state of the dynamic linking, and LKMs
is.

Perusing the kernel source implies that LKMs are supported, but from my
experience the linker does not seem able to create them - ditto with .so
libraries.

Another point - as I've mentioned to Mark before, my kernel (built with
previoous sup release) does not recognise my Ether1 podule - I'll re-check
with the new kernel sources later this week.  Then again, I can't even
locate it myself by hand RiscOS-side using Podule SWIs - disassembling the
Podule module seems to indicate there is a kludge to detect the podule -
I'll see what I can dig out.

Thanks,

--

Matthew Godbolt