Subject: Re: StrongARM comptibility
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1996 20:02:07
>Does the current version of RiscBSD (1.2beta?) run on Risc PCs
>fitted with the StrongARM card? At the moment, I've got 1.1beta
>installed, and that doesn't get very far at all on the StrongARM.
>I'm planning to upgrade soon anyway, now that I've got a fast
>connection again. Is it worth waiting for 1.2release?

Ok I am coding this as fast as I can. Please remember that some users got their
StrongARMs before me. Also the last couple of weeks have been difficult for me
so I have not been able to do much work.

Only the kernel should be affected by the StrongARM. A SA aware kernel is
required. This will be a compile time CPU option.
Any StrongARM kernels will be built with a post 1.2 kernel source tree so
I would recommend upgrading to 1.2 to run a SA kernel.

The current state of SA dev will be posted separately.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk