Subject: Re: Before Acorn World what?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1996 19:58:23
>I would find it most important to fix the known bugs, because some are really
>getting on my nerves, eg. broken vt220 emulation.
>Oh, is this a known bug: Watch a text file with more and press "b" to jump
back
>one page - and the screen is not updated properly. This started when I
>installed the 1.2 beta binaries and was definitely OK before.

Well Rob, Neil and myself have wanted to do some work on the console code but
have been told on a number of occasions that a complete replacement console is
nearly ready. This means that it would be a waste of time for us to spend time
working on fixing the currently console if a new one is going to suddenly
appear. Ok this has been dragging on a bit now but when someone else is already
working on a new console it seems better to concentrate on other areas ....

>The other thing is kernel sources. I'm currently trying to get it sorted out
>but sup@netbsd.org doesn't seem to exist any more, so I wrote to
www@netbsd.org
>due to lack of a better address, but haven't got a reply yet.
>I wanted to ask them when NetBSD-current sources will be available again now
>that 1.2-Release is out. I still get the 1.2 sources, I can't believe it.
>We haven't seen current sources for at least three months. :-(((
Sup should be switched back to current now, it was planned for this morning ...

I am in the process of merging in all my recent changes ... There are about
31000 lines of diffs I need to apply ;-)

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk