Subject: Re: BST
To: David Croft <david@infotrek.demon.co.uk>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1996 17:21:44
On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, David Croft wrote:

> I have my Risc PC clock set to an hour behind, but with the BST flag set.
> Unfortunately this means that RiscBSD is an hour behind. How can I tell it
> that we're in BST? I don't want to have to change the clock forwards as it
> will break a lot of things in RISC OS.
>
> (for that matter, how do you set the clock anyway?)

 I thin kthe rcm script can do this for you.

  But what it does is create a link from /etc/localtime to
/usr/share/zoneinfo/GB

i.e. ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/GB /etc/localtime

  This takes care of summertime for you. I didn't know you could do this
under RiscOS too!  I've been running with my RiscOS clock in GMT (i.e. 1
hour behind) all summer!

As to setting the clock,

man date
man rdate  (this one's particularly useful)

Ale.