Subject: Re: unixfs and StrongARM
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1996 17:08:00
>      Since someone mentioned unixfs -
>
>      I have RiscBSD 1.1 and a StrongARM. Can I get a version of unixfs
>      which will work so that I can check that I have backed up all the
>      relevant unix files before wiping the partition when I install the
>      StrongARM compatible version...

  It works fine for me! (RiscBSD 1.2 though, maybe a difference)

  As to StrongARM.

Will we require a new bootloader as well as a new kernel?

I tried (just for the hell of it) booting the latest kernel with my SA
fitted, and as soon as I pressed boot, it gave an error (abort on
somethingorother) but !BtRiscBSD didn't die, and RiscOS stayed working
fine. Presumably this is happening in the early stages of loading the
kernel, before it even starts running it?  (This is using the latest
bootloader from the 1.2-beta directory)

  Just wondering!

Ale. (Who is now going to go back to RiscOS just to watch those MPEGs again!)