Subject: Re: SA & Morley compatibility (was Re: StrongARM comptibility)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1996 02:01:27
I put these two questions together in one answer.

To Thomas:
> > Does the current version of RiscBSD (1.2beta?) run on Risc PCs
> > fitted with the StrongARM card? At the moment, I've got 1.1beta

Bah, this was only discussed a few days ago, Mark desribed the problems on
October 7th.
He is working intensively on it. There are still problems when the data cache
is enabled. If it is not enabled, RiscBSD is working on the StrongARM now, but
you probably don't want that kernel. ;-)
Mark is hoping to have it running any day. You will only need a new kernel, all
binaries work without problems.

> On a similar note, is there any support for Morley SCSI cards yet?

AFAIR, no support for further cards except the Connect32 is planned or under
work. This is due to the fact that all the other cards are not widespread and
nobody from the kernel team has one, so how should they write a driver for it?
You would have to do it yourself. As long as there is a general driver for the
SCSI chip used, it should not be too hard. You would need information from the
manufacturer though, eg. about the addresses the card is using.

Markus