Subject: Re: Before Acorn World what?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/13/1996 23:40:10
Hello Mark!

In message <199610112009.VAA15226@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk (Mark Brinicombe) wrote:

> There are a number of things that I am planning to have ready but
> to not want to advertise them in case they are not ready in time (some of
> these are dependant on getting things (info etc.) from others first.

I would find it most important to fix the known bugs, because some are really
getting on my nerves, eg. broken vt220 emulation.
Oh, is this a known bug: Watch a text file with more and press "b" to jump back
one page - and the screen is not updated properly. This started when I
installed the 1.2 beta binaries and was definitely OK before.

The other thing is kernel sources. I'm currently trying to get it sorted out
but sup@netbsd.org doesn't seem to exist any more, so I wrote to www@netbsd.org
due to lack of a better address, but haven't got a reply yet.
I wanted to ask them when NetBSD-current sources will be available again now
that 1.2-Release is out. I still get the 1.2 sources, I can't believe it.
We haven't seen current sources for at least three months. :-(((

This is becoming more and more of a problem for me because I need a kernel with
sd0 hardwired to SCSI ID 6 because I can't be bothered to disassemble my whole
machine to change the ID, but on the other hand, some binaries, especially
mkdepend, crash with this kernel!
I would also like to have a recent custom kernel with the crash dump disabled,
because when this is written to the swap partition, I always lose my disklabel,
ie. when bsd-4629 crashed, I have to go into repair mode first.

MfG MB