Subject: Re: Ethernet-Interface-Types
To: Thomas Down \(RiscBSD list\) <riscbsd@arilinn.trinity.ox.ac.uk>
From: Andy Mell <amell@cup.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/13/1996 18:24:27
On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Thomas Down (RiscBSD list) wrote:
> Ether1: Original Acorn ethernet podule. 10base5 and 10base2 connections.
> Ether2: Acorn 10base2 podule
> Ether3: 10base2/10baseT podule. I believe that there are several varients
>         of this card.
> EtherB: ANT RiscPC netcard slot thingy. 10baseT connector.
> EtherH: I-cubed's RiscPC netcard slot thingy. 10baseT and 10base2
> EtherM: ANT's latest. 10baseT and 10base2

Also:

EtherO from Oak.
EtherP from ANT  - portable parallel port ethernet adaptor.
EtherV multimedia and ethernet combined thing from some company I cant
       remember offhand.

I think theres an EtherD as well. As you can see, theres more than just a
few :-)

--
Andy Mell, Network Admin, Cambridge University Press, Shaftesbury Road,
Cambridge CB2 2RU, United Kingdom.           Email: amell@cup.cam.ac.uk