Subject: g++ and as
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pwain@nc.com <PWAIN@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/10/1996 13:54:00
All,

I have a slight problem compiling up some C++ code that indirectly accesses C
code...
Basically:

File 1 (C++) includes file 2
File 2 (C++) includes a motif header file
Motif header (C) has the 'extern "C" {' stuff in it

When I try and compile this, I get an error from the assumbler which can be
tracked to a line:

- - - $Id$

in the file it is trying to assemble (i.e. the parsed source, turned into
assembler
and being assembled). Where this line is coming from I dont know but if I move
the
includes around it definatly appears to be caused by the inclusion of
"Xm/Text.h"
since the labels from that file are the next subsequent lines in the assembler
input file.

Any ideas? (gcc 2.7.2.1 btw - which is known to compile this particular code on
an intel processor running netbsd....)

This is 1.2-beta Netbsd BTW...

Paul

--
USA Liaison			Email: work: pwain@nc.com
Acorn Network Computing		       home: wain@sirius.com

Like Acorn would really have the same views as me! Get Real! :)