Subject: Xarm-24
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/10/1996 17:36:01
There is a new Xarm for people to try which will appear on the ftp site as soon
as Mark puts it there.

Major changes from the previous release version are as follows (I think - I
don't know exactly which version Mark released so I may get one or two wrong).

1) Compiled with gcc 2.7.2.1 (improved stability)

2) Keypad mouse removed. Keypad now acts as a numeric keypad (no numlock yet).

3) Severity of solid-drag bug reduced. X should survive a lot of things which
would previously have killed it (mainly pixmap copying).

4) Location of default starting pixmap changed.

5) 8bpp Blue-green startup screen replaced with something else...

6) Support for the new delta mode of the mouse driver - mouse acceleration no
longer messes up so badly under high load.

7) Caps Lock fixed so that it toggles properly. Note that the Led is now wrong
but the case of text is right (this is the reverse of the previous version).

8) Partial support for xkb extension.

9) Theoretically better StrongARM compliance (Mark - please make sure the
screen isn't cached).

Thanks to Jasper Wallace for pointing out some of the bugs and doing some
testing for me (I'm assuming that people know I get help from the rest of the
core team so I don't need to explicitly acknowledge them).

Cheers

Rob

PS Some people were complaining that -query and -broadcast don't work for
connecting to xdm. This has been tested. They work for me so you will have to
be slightly more specific about the problem...

PPS If imake complains about host.def missing that is a file for host-dependant
configuration options so just touch it and imake should be happy.