Subject: Re: PowerROM compatability on Acorn SCSI card
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1996 20:39:46
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 12:55:09 +0100 (BST)
> From: Hendrik <n337810%mere18@newcastle.ac.uk>
>
> I have an Acorn SCSI card. I believe I am right in thinking that currently
> this is the fastest card under BSD as it is the only working interrupt
> driven driver.

Well, it is very slow under RiscBSD compared to RISC OS, but it
beats the Cumana and the Power-tec SCSI-2.

> If I install the PowerROM upgrade from PowerTec will this still be the
> case or do I have to switch to the PowerTec SCSI driver? Or is a
> PowerROM'd card simply not supported at all yet?
>
> As hardware is still the same so I would imagine that the Acorn driver can
> still be used. Anyone care to correct me?

Noone will. It is true.

The only problem you can run into is the fact that unixfs does
not support Power-tec partition tables at the moment.

This is being worked on, and I hope I receive some code to
test soon.

Kjetil B.