Subject: PowerROM compatability
From: Hendrik <n337810%mere18@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1996 12:55:09
I can't see any mention of this in the FAQ so here goes.

I have an Acorn SCSI card. I believe I am right in thinking that currently
this is the fastest card under BSD as it is the only working interrupt
driven driver.

If I install the PowerROM upgrade from PowerTec will this still be the
case or do I have to switch to the PowerTec SCSI driver? Or is a
PowerROM'd card simply not supported at all yet?

As hardware is still the same so I would imagine that the Acorn driver can
still be used. Anyone care to correct me?

* Electrically: J.C.Harrison@ncl.ac.uk   * Physically:         John Harrison *
* Mentally:     Hendrik T. B. B.         * Psychologically:          Unsound *
* Numerically:  n337810                  * Studiously:     Part IV M. & S.E. *
* Webilly: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/~n337810 * Geographically: Newcastle U. Tyne *