Subject: Re: Optimised string.h routines (was Re: ByteMarks)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olly Betts <olly@mantis.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/08/1996 15:08:22
"Mark Brinicombe" writes:
>>So far I have written faster versions of some of the more common string.h
>>functions.  I've also chopped a few cycles out of the strlen() I wrote a
>>while back.  I can send these to someone if they want to integrate them into
>>libc.
>
>If you could chuck them in my direction please.

OK.  I'm currently writing test rigs to check for obscure bugs, so expect
some code late this week/early next.  If anyone knows of existing (free)
code for testing implementations of string.h routines, I'd appreciate it if
you could e-mail me a pointer.

The performace so far seems good.  My versions of strcmp() and strcpy()
speed up Dhrystone 2.1 by 15% over SharedCLibrary (Risc PC 610, RISC OS,
Acorn C v4).  See news:<slrn55knf9.133.olly@mantis.co.uk> in
comp.sys.acorn.programmer for a bit more detail.

Olly