Subject: Re: Kernel bug (when switching v-consoles)?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/07/1996 21:21:32
>_data_abort_handler ( +0x10)
>_unsleep ( +0x10)
>_psignal
>_physcon_switch
>_console_switch

This is the killer sequence...

I believe the bug is in the console code but I have not confirmed that.
I suspect that something (the proc pointer involved) may be trashed. Thus
an non existant processes is being woken...

Q. did you have X running at the time ?

[Rob, nut: Thoughts ... ? looking briefly at the switching code I am not
particularly happy with the way the switching is working ... for example the
signal is only delivered to the process owning the console being switched in
and not to the one being switched out. Also signals should only be used if
explicitly requested via an ioctl in my view.
Also I think that the locking is still broken in the switching code]

This bug is now on my fix it list ;-)

Cheers,
			Mark

--