Subject: Re: PD driver (was: Re: Cumana SCSI II Card)
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Graham Jones <graham.jones@sharp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/07/1996 09:48:32
Markus Baeurle wrote:

> Hello Mark!
>
> In message <9610021447.ZM26271@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
>           "Mark Brinicombe" <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > If you are looking for a driver for the PD drive and don't want to pay silly
> > prices for the Proteus try talking to eesox.
>
> Sorry for continuing this off-topic thread, but what does this offer over
> normal operation?
> I understand the PD drive is working OK without an additional driver.
>
> Markus

Markus,

The reason (or one reason anyway, there may be more) for having an extra
driver is to use the PD drive for reading CD Roms and playing audio CDs.
The Eesox driver I have is a CDFS driver for the Panasonic drive (infact
it's a generic CDFS driver for devices that, I think, use the SCSI II
protocols, though don't quote me on that!).
Before I received the driver I could only use the PD drive to read/write
PD discs.

Graham.

--
Sharp Laboratories of Europe,         Phone: +44-(0)1865-747711
Oxford Science Park,                  Fax:   +44-(0)1865-714217