Subject: Re:[2]:availability
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/04/1996 18:28:38
Hello Jasper!

In message <Pine.GSO.3.93.961003102552.6802A-100000@stingray.ivision.co.uk>
          Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk> wrote:

> Meanwhile... ftp.uni-stuttgart.de seems to go about 3-4 times faster than
> kcl, 2-3kps as opposed to 0.5, I'll be useing it.

Using Stuttgart is rather nerving because they pack every file (most probably
because they're using mirror) apart from the obvious ones, so you get
base.00.gz and base.01.gz and so on which means additional work unpacking them
again (but not unpacking something which shouldn't), so I still get my stuff
directly from King's College (and I already had 5 kB/s at good times of the
day, which is not bad for our 64 kBit-Link) although Stuttgart is really in
front of my house (the FH Esslingen is connected to the internet via the
university of Stuttgart and their internal links are no problem). :-(((

Markus