Subject: Re: xqueries and other (bugs?)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/04/1996 18:41:21
Hello Jasper!

In message <Pine.GSO.3.93.961003180206.10157B-100000@stingray.ivision.co.uk>
          Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk> wrote:

> xinit: Interrupted system call (errno 4): unable to connect to X server
> xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
> jasper@quatermass>

Are you sure you installed xarm21 and set up the necessary symbolic links? (I'm
not sure if this isn't done automatically.)

> jasper@quatermass> imake -I/usr/X11/lib/X11/config
> In file included from /usr/X11/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:33,
> >		 from Imakefile.c:3:
> /usr/X11/lib/X11/config/site.def:35: host.def: No such file or directory
> imake: Exit sode 33. Stop.
> jasper@quatermass>

This one's definitely missing, I'm also getting this error and I think somebody
reported it before.
Rob, could you please make this available, either put it on the ftp site or
just post it if it's short. I had to delete my old X stuff so I can't just copy
it over.

> /tmp needed to have permissions changed.

Really?!? This bug's been in FreeBSD 2.0 or something and in one of the earlier
RiscBSDs - so probably also in NetBSD 1.1... Will this ever be killed?

> The following sets may appear for 1.2 in the next 2/3 days:
> apache, (exim), less, lynx, (mtools) unzip, color-ls, color-xterm, zsh and
> anything else I find ;-) (Things in brackets are maybe)

I have the mtools 3 lying around, just have to sort out how to create a set.
I have all the docu here, just need to go and do it.
Color-ls would be nice, I haven't found a proper one and the one currently
available is still an alpha2 binary (file reports "... 4M text base"). And
there are about three different archives/sets available, but only one is
working AFAICR.

Markus