Subject: Re: PD drive under RiscBSD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/04/1996 18:16:35
Hello Scott!

In message <82.199610031001@mortimer.ic.ac.uk>
          Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've not seen any problems. It's very slow, mainly due to the cumana
> driver but partly due to the fact that the slow seek media isn't
> really cut out for an ffs file system.

I'll see. As long as it's about as fast as my 2,4-speed Sony CDU55S...
I want to use it for storing more NetBSD source code and most of the contents
of the ftp site. It doesn't need to be very fast for that purpose.

> Yup. Each LUN is probe individually one is attached to sd? the other
> to cd?

Hmm, I must have understood something wrong then. I dimly remember somebody
saying his machine hung when booting RiscBSD until he disconnected his PD
drive...

> PS The RiscOS generic SCSI-2 CDROM driver from Eesox is about 30 UKP

Thank you very much, but most German users, including me, use the CDFSSoftSCSI2
module written by Matthias Seifert and sold by Pulse Computer
(pulse@t-online.de) for 29 DM. I don't know if they sell to other countries
though. And I don't get paid for plugging them either.

Markus