Subject: xqueries and other (bugs?) (Was: Re: Re:[2]:availability)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/1996 18:31:25
On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Robert Black wrote:

> On Oct 3, 10:26am, Jasper Wallace wrote:

> > policys wouldn't let me ;-) (hi manar! :-)) is a RiscBSD box. When I get

> Umm, maybe this isn't such a hot idea. Quatermass is at the wrong end of a
> heavily loaded 64k link (my QIC-150 sneakernet beats this on useable bandwidth
> :-) ), still, its handy for all those people with Acorn machines at Internet

	Yeah, but it sucks on packets/sec, and think of all the opertunitys
for messy collisions ;-)
	Theres a second reason why this is a very bad idea - eh0 ;-)

> worthwhile (remember your CEO reads this list...).
 	(See the Hi Manar above)

Just installed 1.2 propperly this morning, I carefully left it installing
its self last night, but this morning I discovered that I was trying to install to the
ramdisk ;-(

the xpm sets install to /usr/X11R6 when the rest of the X stuff is in
/usr/X11R6.1 . I copyed all the stuff into /usr/X11R6.1 .

startx produces:

jasper@quatermass> startx

Fatal server error:
Failed to establish all listerning sockets
[waits for a bit]
giving up.
xinit: Interrupted system call (errno 4): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
jasper@quatermass>

trying to use imake causes problems too

jasper@quatermass> imake
Imakefile.c:3: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33. Stop
jasper@quatermass>

trying it with -I helps :

jasper@quatermass> imake -I/usr/X11/lib/X11/config
In file included from /usr/X11/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:33,
		 from Imakefile.c:3:
/usr/X11/lib/X11/config/site.def:35: host.def: No such file or directory
imake: Exit sode 33. Stop.
jasper@quatermass>

a find in X11 fails to locate it, and yes I have got the x11dev set
installed (in 1.1 I seem to remember a RiscPC.def file or a RiscBSD.def,
have we got the standerd includes but none of the RiscBSD specific ones?)

/tmp needed to have permissions changed.

	Apart from that It all works wonderfully, thanks loads everyone.

P.S.

The following sets may appear for 1.2 in the next 2/3 days:
apache, (exim), less, lynx, (mtools) unzip, color-ls, color-xterm, zsh and
anything else I find ;-) (Things in brackets are maybe)

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
She's a witch!, Burn Her!      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?